Pokhara University (PU or PoU Nepali: पोखरा विश्वविद्यालय) was established in 1996 as Nepal’s fifth university. Its central office is in Pokhara Lekhnath municipality, Kaski district, Western Development Region. Along with Purbanchal University, PU was formed as part of the government’s policy for improved access to higher education. The prime minister is the university chancellor and the minister for education is the pro-chancellor. The vice-chancellor is the principal administrator of the university.
Established Date – 1996
Address – Khudi-Dhungepatan, Pokhara Lekhnath Municipality of Kaski district
Chancellor – Prime Minister of Nepal
- Faculty of Management Study
- Faculty of Science and Technology
- Faculty of Health Science
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Science
Why is it established?
Pokhara University (PU), aiming at making higher education accessible to the underprivileged section of society, provides scholarships to 10 percent of the approved quota of students in affiliated Colleges and 20 percent in constituent schools. The graduates from government and non-government schools or colleges are eligible to apply for scholarships and financial support. The PU Scholarship Selection Examination decides to award scholarships based on applicants’ credentials, economic background, examination followed by an interview.
Website – http://pu.edu.np/
Following are the list of the Bachelor Programs provided by the Pokhara University (PoU) and the data we have till now.
Faculty of Science and Technology
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering (BCE)
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering (BCE)
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering (BME)
- Bachelor in Electrical Engineering (BEL)
- Bachelor in Architecture Engineering ( BE Arch.)
- Bachelor in Electronics and Communication (BEX)
- Bachelor in Geomatics Engineering (BGE)
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
Faculty of Management (FOM)
- Bachelor of Information Management (BIM)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Business Management (BBM)
- Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
- Bachelor of Public Administration (BPA)
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management (BTTM)